Your spine is the cornerstone of your body and helps support your bones, muscles, and organs. When your spine cannot maintain its normal shape, you may experience severe pain as your body struggles to compensate for your spine’s instability. Individuals suffering from spinal instability often experience difficulty completing daily tasks and enjoying their hobbies and interests. Unfortunately, even simple actions like laughing can cause flare-ups.
If you suffer from spinal instability in New Jersey, you deserve the best possible treatment for your injury. At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, our award-winning spine specialists dedicate themselves to taking a personalized approach to our patient’s unique needs to achieve the best possible results. We specialize in minimally invasive treatments to promote faster recovery times so you can get back to a pain-free way of life as quickly as possible.
Conservative Treatment Options for Spinal Instability
While mild cases of spinal instability may be treated with conservative treatments, more severe cases may require surgical intervention. Our highly-qualified doctors and surgeons will tailor their approach to your individual needs. A few conservative treatment options for spinal instability include:
- Activity modifications: In mild cases, avoiding the movements and activities that cause you pain can significantly improve your quality of life.
- Medications: Over-the-counter medicines like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can help treat moderate pain. If your spinal instability is more severe, your doctor may prescribe muscle relaxants or other medications.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy is one of the most effective and common treatments for spinal instability. Strengthening your back and core can help stabilize your spine.
- Injections: Corticosteroid shots can help reduce pain and inflammation caused by spinal instability. While injections are only a short-term solution, they can provide relief for up to one year.
At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, our doctors specialize in a wide range of state-of-the-art treatment options to address the cause of your pain.
Surgical Options for Spinal Instability
Surgical treatment may be necessary when a conservative approach is not enough to relieve your symptoms. Our surgeons offer minimally invasive treatments with incisions no larger than a postage stamp. Two surgical treatments your doctor may recommend include:
- Spinal fusion surgery: By fusing two vertebrae, your surgeon can stabilize your spine and reduce the pain in worn joints. This treatment can balance your spinal column and relieve your symptoms.
- Microdiscectomy: Your surgeon can remove the disc that is irritating the nerve. This gentle and precise surgery can help relieve pain with a minimal recovery time.
The skilled spine specialists at NJ Spine & Orthopedic use innovative and minimally invasive procedures to prioritize your comfort. Our spine surgeons offer expert diagnoses so we can determine the cause of your pain and treat you with the utmost care. We are dedicated to achieving the best possible treatment for your needs.
Schedule an Appointment with an Experienced Spine Specialist
If you are experiencing pain or muscle spasms from spine instability, do not hesitate to contact a highly-qualified orthopedic surgeon. At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, our spine specialists will consider your needs as they determine the best treatment for you. We have extensive experience employing a wide range of treatment methods to help our patients achieve a pain-free lifestyle. Our spine surgeons are dedicated to using the least invasive procedures possible and providing a safe and comfortable environment for our patients.