Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in Altamonte Springs, FL
NJ Spine and Orthopedic is excited to welcome the community of Altamonte, FL to the NJSO family! With over 20 years of expert care under our belts, our surgeons look forward to delivering our award-winning services to your family. At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our team is dedicated to helping our patients conquer their back pain. We perform minimally invasive laser spine surgeries to eliminate the discomfort and dysfunction caused by back and neck conditions.
Our award-winning team of spine surgeons offers patients the latest research, technology, and treatments for pain management. We provide an assortment of back pain treatments ranging from conservative non-surgical treatments to minimally invasive surgeries performed through incisions smaller than a postage stamp. Our surgeons are here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
Common Causes of Back Pain Among Americans
In America, back pain is a prevalent problem. Today, 31 million Americans are suffering from lower back pain, and experts estimate that 80 percent of Americans will experience back pain in their lifetime.
Composed of bones, joints, ligaments, and muscles, your back has many moving parts that are susceptible to injury. While serious injuries from sports or car accidents can be a common culprit of back pain, even the simplest of movements—for example, picking your clothes off the floor—can cause serious pain. Additionally, other health and risk factors such as inflammatory conditions, stress, and obesity can further complicate a back injury and make it challenging to recover. Some of the common causes of back pain include:
- A strained muscle or ligament. This is most commonly caused by heavy lifting or a sudden, awkward movement. Strained ligaments and muscles can be extremely painful and cause muscle spasms.
- Osteoarthritis. Conditions such as osteoarthritis (arthritis that causes back pain) can cause inflammation in the lower back. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage that cushions the intersection of bones and joints breaks down. As a result, when you move the bones in your spine, it can cause back pain.
- A bulged or ruptured disc. Discs are the cushions that sit in between your spinal vertebrae. Aging, car accidents, and other conditions can cause the soft material inside spinal disks to bulge and press on a nerve.
When to See a Spine Doctor in Altamonte Springs
Back pain symptoms cover a broad spectrum and can range from mild muscle aches to sharp, shooting sensations in your lower back. For some, the pain might radiate down their leg or worsen with certain movements and positions. While most back pain will improve with rest, lifestyle changes, and conservative treatments, if your symptoms persist, it is important to see a spine doctor. See a spine doctor if your back pain:
- Does not improve with rest and continues to cause severe discomfort
- Causes feelings of numbness or tingling in your legs
- Is accompanied by a fever, bladder problems, or unexplained weight loss
- Is the result of a serious fall or injury, such as a car accident
How a Spine Doctor Can Help You Conquer Your Back Pain
Consulting with a spine doctor is the best way to understand the underlying cause of your back pain and get on the road to recovery. At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we are dedicated to helping our patients find relief for their neck, back, and joint pain.
Our orthopedic spine surgeons offer both conservative and surgical options for pain and will help connect you to the best pain management specialists and physical therapists in our field. Just a few of the cutting-edge services that we offer include:
- Complex Spinal Revision Surgery
- Radiofrequency Ablation
Local Amenities near Our Altamonte Springs, FL Office Location
If you’re in the area, check out all of the attractions and services that Altamonte, FL has to offer. If you’re feeling hungry, Cafe Murano—just a short drive away from our office—serves classic Italian cuisine in a rustic atmosphere. Need something to do? AMC Altamonte Mall 18 has the hottest new movie releases in both IMAX and Dolby Cinema viewing experiences. If you need a place to stay, book a cozy room at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Orlando, which is just down the road from our Altamonte Springs office.
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our surgeons are dedicated to treating your pain and helping you get your life back. Our experienced and board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists work together to treat spine and back disorders using minimally invasive techniques. Our doctors understand that every person is unique and requires a personalized treatment plan; at NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we treat people, not patients. To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (321) 214-8440 or fill out our online contact form.