Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery in Bethlehem, PA
Methods for treating musculoskeletal disorders have significantly changed and advanced over the years. Minimally invasive orthopedic surgery in Bethlehem, PA is one of the most revolutionary developments. This cutting-edge method has many advantages over conventional open surgery, making it a desirable option for patients looking for successful and expedited healing methods.
All medical specialties have seen a rise in minimally invasive surgery over the past few decades, and orthopedics is no exception. At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, we provide various minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries as treatment options. Our surgeons have performed these operations with substantial success rates and have obtained extensive experience and understanding in the field. Contact us and our Concierge Team for further assistance.
What Is Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery?
Minimally invasive orthopedic surgery in Bethlehem, PA is a unique surgical approach that allows orthopedic surgeons to carry out complex operations with minimal damage to the surrounding tissues. Traditional open surgeries require large incisions and cause substantial tissue trauma. By contrast, less invasive surgery uses tiny incisions and cutting-edge technologies to access the problem area precisely.
The surgeon uses specialized equipment, such as small cameras, endoscopes, and microsurgical tools, to view the surgical site and make the required repairs. In orthopedics, this can be the difference between exposing the entire joint through a large, open incision and using small, focused openings to address the problem area. As a result, there is reduced danger during surgery, reduced postoperative discomfort, and a quicker recovery.
Who Needs Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery?
Minimally invasive orthopedic surgery can help patients with musculoskeletal conditions such as joint discomfort, fractures, sports injuries, and degenerative diseases. Some common orthopedic treatments available at NJ Spine & Orthopedic using minimally invasive techniques include:
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy is a procedure that involves inserting a camera through a small incision into the joint to diagnose and treat diseases affecting the joint, such as meniscal tears, ligament injuries, and cartilage loss.
- Spinal procedures: A minimally invasive spine surgery may benefit patients with herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or other spinal problems, as it causes less tissue damage and speeds up recovery.
- Total joint replacement: Minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries can also be used for replacement procedures, such as hip and knee replacements, to help patients recover more quickly and with less discomfort.
- Fracture repair: Through less invasive methods, certain fractures can be adequately treated by realigning the bones using specialized tools and techniques without requiring large incisions.
Traditional surgery and non-surgical treatments are still the preferred modes of therapy for many orthopedic injuries and conditions. The specialists at NJ Spine & Orthopedic are skilled in the range of available treatments and will help direct you to the one that will work best for your individual needs.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery
The growing popularity of minimally invasive orthopedic surgery in Bethlehem, PA, can be attributed to its numerous advantages for patients:
- Reduced scarring: The minor cuts used result in negligible scarring, improving the aesthetic outcome and reducing the risk of infection.
- Faster recovery: Patients who undergo minimally invasive operations experience shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery times, allowing them to return to their daily activities and work sooner.
- Less pain and discomfort: The reduced trauma to surrounding tissues leads to less post-operative pain and discomfort compared to traditional open surgery.
- Lower risk of infection: With minor incisions and less tissue exposure, the risk of infection significantly reduces.
- Minimal blood loss: Less aggressive techniques often involve smaller incisions, leading to less blood loss during the procedure.
- Preservation of healthy tissues: By minimizing disruption to healthy tissues, these types of surgeries help preserve the surrounding anatomy, promoting better long-term outcomes.
While minimally invasive orthopedic surgery in Bethlehem, PA has shown exceptional success rates and benefits, it carries some inherent risks like any medical procedure. Potential risks associated with surgeries may include:
- Nerve or blood vessel damage: The use of surgical instruments close to nerves or blood vessels can carry a risk of accidental injury.
- Anesthesia complications: There are risks involved with anesthesia, such as allergic responses or adverse reactions, just like there are with any medical operation.
- Unsuitable for complex cases: Traditional open surgery may be more appropriate and effective in some instances.
Minimally invasive orthopedic or spine surgeries are highly effective in eligible cases. Our experienced orthopedic surgeons in Bethlehem, PA, will holistically review your case to determine risks and benefits and advise whether surgery is right for you.
Consult Our Experienced Orthopedic Specialists Today
Treatment for numerous spine, joint, and tissue conditions using minimally invasive orthopedic surgery has become increasingly popular. A dependable source of knowledge and skilled treatment is NJ Spine & Orthopedic. Our team of highly trained specialists knows how to assess every procedure’s possible risks and side effects thoroughly, provide a complete evaluation, and walk you through your available treatment options.
If you are a Bethlehem, PA, resident suffering from back pain, neck pain, joint pain, spinal issues, or fractures, consider exploring the possibilities of Bethlehem, PA minimally invasive orthopedic surgery to enhance your quality of life. Don’t hesitate to contact us online or at (866) 553-0612 and schedule a consultation with our experienced orthopedic surgeons.