Minimally Invasive Laser Spine Surgery in Robbinsville, NJ
You shouldn’t have to break your back to get the care you deserve. At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality spine care, because while every patient is different, our goal is the same—to help you live a happier and healthier life.
We use minimally invasive spinal and orthopedic surgery to help you get back to enjoying life. Dr. Katzman has developed his surgery techniques over years of practice. We will explain the procedures to you, as well as how you will benefit, and answer any questions you may have about your treatment.
Robbinsville, NJ is a hub for food and hotels due to its proximity to Princeton University, which is only 30 minutes away. Stop at De Lorenzo’s Tomato Pies for craft pizzas, or visit Yummy Sushi, or Dolce & Clemente’s Italian market for lunch and dinner dishes. All three restaurants are located nearby on US-33.
Hotels and inns include the Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, which is only a six-minute drive away. The Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville also provides a pleasant experience at slightly more affordable rates. Other hotel options include Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hamilton, NJ; Residence Inn by Marriott Hamilton; and Quality Inn Near Princeton.
Whether you’re a local or making a day trip to see us in Robbinsville, NJ, the area offers several attractions worth visiting. The nearby Princeton University, for example, draws visitors from all over the world due to its historic grounds as well as a comprehensive art museum and beautiful chapel.
The former governor’s mansion, which is now called Morven Museum and Garden, is another popular place to tour. Art exhibits are often hosted in the home, while the museum’s kitchen garden grows fresh produce for local food banks.
Intense chronic back pain can make walking tours like at Princeton University’s art museum excruciating. Back pain results from numerous causes, including:
- Compressed or pinched nerve
- Spinal column injury
- Herniated, bulging, or degenerated disk
- Bone spurs
Damage to your discs, as well as pinched nerves and bone spurs, can also cause numbness and tingling. Initial treatments for back pain can focus on physical therapy, rest, medication, and injections. These treatments also help your physician locate and diagnose the source of your pain.
For some patients, traditional treatments are ineffective against their condition or pain. Minimally invasive spinal surgery is a solution to back pain that defies typical treatments. Through advanced technology and techniques, physicians can alleviate your pain, such as by removing compression on your nerves. Laser spinal surgery also has a short recovery period and can reduce your chance of needing a second surgery.
Knowing when it’s time to throw in the towel and see a spine specialist is important. Ignoring symptoms can be dangerous and create even more problems down the line. If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, you should consider visiting Robbinsville spine doctor.
- Chronic pain: While acute back pain typically lasts between a few days and a few weeks, chronic back pain is discomfort that persists longer than three months. If you’re still feeling pain even after other underlying causes have been treated, consider seeing a specialist.
- Bowel and bladder problems: If you have a hard time controlling when you go to the bathroom or if you find yourself sitting on the toilet for hours, it may be time to see a specialist. Issues like irritable bowel syndrome and nerve damage can cause abdominal cramping and digestions problems.
- Leg and feet discomfort: If you’ve ever felt pain that shoots down your leg, you may suffer from cervical radiculopathy, a condition that is caused when a spinal nerve root is injured, compressed, or inflamed. Likewise, numbness in the legs or feet can be a result of a herniated disk. While these cases can typically be remedied without surgery, you should consider visiting a specialist who can examine and handle your treatment.
- Unexplained weight loss or high fever: If you’ve lost more than five pounds per week over the course of many weeks, you may have a cancerous tumor. Likewise, if you have temperatures higher than 101°, you may have a spine infection.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms—or if you’re feeling unexplained back pain and are unsure why or how it can be treated—visit the spine surgeons at NJ Spine and Orthopedic. We’ll discuss and analyze your specific case to determine your treatment options.
Whether it’s laser spine surgery or another minimally invasive procedure, you can put your trust in NJ Spine and Orthopedic specialists to develop a solution that’s right for you. We’re a patient-centered group of board-certified physicians with more than 50 years of experience that provides you with treatment options that give you the best chance of success.
We’re conveniently located off US-33 and are ready to serve the Robbinsville, NJ community. Contact us online or call (609) 436-0650 for more information or to schedule a free consultation. We’ll get right to work making a happier, healthier new you.