If you’re seeking a clinic with a patient-centered approach to treat your back, neck, or spine pain, consider the specialists at New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Albany, New York offer top-rated medical treatment from a board-certified group of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists. We use the most recent research, technology, and equipment to allow quick recovery times and faster relief.
We understand that many patients want to avoid surgery, so our doctors will always first try conservative methods to treat your pain. If surgery is recommended, you can be sure that our award-winning physicians will utilize minimally invasive techniques to ease your pain and help you get back to the life you once enjoyed.
No matter what your condition is, our team is here to help you!
Typical Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can be excruciating, but it’s essential to know you’re not alone. Nearly 31 million Americans suffer from back pain at any given time, and an estimated 80% of people will experience back pain at some point in their life. The good news is that your condition is treatable. Here are some of the most common reasons to visit a doctor:
- Arthritis: A common condition, arthritis is inflammation of the joints.
- Disc injury: A disc in your back can easily rupture when the cartilage surrounding the disc is pushed against the spinal cord or nerve roots. This can happen after lifting something heavy or twisting your back.
- Sciatica: This injury is caused by an irritation or compression of a nerve in the spine. The discomfort, which patients describe as “pins and needles,” will radiate down one or both of your legs and cause pain and numbness.
- Spinal stenosis: A condition that occurs when a bony opening in the spine begins to narrow and reduce space for nerves.
To get to the root of your pain, complete our free pain assessment. If you already know what your condition is, find treatment options through our Treatment Finder. We also offer free expert MRI reviews. No matter what your condition may be, the NJ Spine and Orthopedic doctors are here to help.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our doctors will use minimally invasive surgical techniques to treat patients. However, surgery is always our last option as we try more conservative healing methods such as physical therapy first.
Understanding the difference between minimally invasive surgery and traditional open surgeries is vital when deciding which option is right for you. In open surgeries, a surgeon makes a large incision in the body to see the affected area and perform a specific procedure.
Conversely, minimally invasive surgeries involve creating a small incision with the assistance of small cameras and lights to see inside the body. Many patients opt for this surgery because tissue and muscle are moved out of the way rather than cut. Here are some more benefits of this type of surgery:
- Shorter recovery period: Since there are fewer incisions, the body will be able to recover faster, which means you’ll be able to return to normal activities sooner.
- Reduced pain: With less trauma than open surgery, minimally invasive procedures are less likely to be painful since they do not require large portions of tissue or muscle to be cut.
- Decreased risk of complications: Minimally invasive procedures use a small camera that projects an image onto a screen for surgeons to watch while operating. This provides them with a better view of the body part and allows for more delicate and intricate work.
In general, minimally invasive surgeries mean shorter recovery times, less trauma, and fewer risks. With our surgical techniques, we’ll help you improve your quality of life and reduce your pain.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Albany, New York
If you’re suffering from back, neck, or spine pain, consider reaching out to the board-certified team at New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic. Our spine surgeons are devoted to delivering the best care possible to every patient. Regardless of the cause, our team is ready to help!
Call (866) 272-9271 or complete a contact form today!