More than 31 million Americans suffer from back pain, and it’s one of the most reported medical conditions in the world. When you need expert care to treat your back, neck, or spine pain in Franklin, New Jersey, reach out to the board-certified doctors at New Jersey Spine & Orthopedic. Our team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists use state-of-the-art technology to treat various conditions.
For help determining the cause of your injury, take our online pain assessment. If you already know your condition, discover treatment options through our Treatment Finder. Our team also offers free MRI scan reviews.
Why Do I Have Back Pain?
Even though back pain is one of the most common medical conditions, people suffer from it for different reasons. Some reasons why your back, neck, or spine might be causing you pain include:
- Disc issues: Discs sit in between your vertebrae and help absorb the shock of movement. As we age, discs can slip, herniate, or degenerate.
- Bad posture: Maintaining a good posture is one of the simplest ways to reduce your chances of developing back pain. Keep your back up straight with your head sitting evenly on your neck.
- Muscle strain: If you feel pain when picking up an object, you most likely strained a muscle. Muscle strains often occur when you pick up something heavy and use your back as support. Using your legs and core muscles will help relieve pressure on your back.
- Arthritis: More than 20% of adults have arthritis, which causes chronic inflammation to your joints. As long as inflammation continues, you will continue to experience pain and discomfort in your back.
Maintaining a healthy weight and doing light exercise can help reduce your discomfort and the chance of back pain even forming.
Can I Treat Back Pain at Home?
Most back pain will go away on its own within a few weeks, but there are several things you can do at home to reduce your pain:
- Heat and ice packs
- Good posture
- Keeping a healthy weight
Keep in mind that if your pain persists or increases, you should seek medical attention. Similarly, if you’re experiencing a fever, unexplained weight loss, loss of bowel movements, or numbness and tingling, you should schedule an appointment at the onset of your symptoms. Those with a family history of severe medical conditions such as cancer should also consult a doctor when their pain begins.
Treatments at NJ Spine & Orthopedic
Our surgeons at NJ Spine & Orthopedic offer several treatments that will eliminate your back, neck, or spine pain. Some of our most common procedures include:
- Artificial disc replacement: This is a surgical procedure where degenerated discs in the spinal column are replaced with an artificial implant.
- Endoscopic discectomy: This procedure removes damaged discs that cause you pain in the back or neck.
- Microdiscectomy: A microdiscectomy removes pressure from the nerves and relieves back or leg pain resulting from a damaged disc or a spinal bone spur.
- Percutaneous discectomy: This is the most minimally invasive procedure we offer. It helps to treat disc bulges, protrusions, or smaller herniated discs.
No matter your condition, the experienced back doctors in Franklin, New Jersey, are sure to help relieve your pain.
Top-Rated Back Doctor in Franklin, New Jersey
If you suffer from back pain in Franklin, New Jersey, the NJ Spine & Orthopedic team is here to help! A specialist will sit with you one-on-one to discuss your pain and possible treatments. Our board-certified spine doctors devote themselves to providing the best care possible for every patient.
If you want to enjoy the life you had before your pain, give us a call at (866) 272-9271 or complete a contact form today!