When you need medical care for your back, neck, or spine pain, look no further than New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Old Bridge, New Jersey offer minimally invasive surgeries for several conditions. Our team, made up of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic surgeons, uses state-of-the-art technology to help eliminate back, neck, and spine pain. We understand that most people want to avoid surgery, so we always try non-surgical healing methods first.
Why Does My Back Hurt?
More than 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their life. But everyone will experience the pain for different reasons. Some common causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strain: This occurs when there’s a stretch or tear of a muscle or tissue connecting to a bone. Symptoms may include muscle or joint pain and a limited range of motion.
- Herniated or slipped disc: A slipped or herniated disc occurs when the inner disc punctures through the outer ring, which causes severe pain and discomfort in your lower back.
- Sciatica: This refers to the pain on the sciatic nerve, which runs down one or both legs. Sciatica is usually caused by a herniated disc or bone spur pressing on the nerve.
- Spinal stenosis: Spinal stenosis puts stress on your spinal cord and the nerves within the spine. This condition occurs when the spinal cord’s opening begins to narrow, reducing the space for spinal nerves.
Other factors like poor posture, stress, or weight can all increase back, neck, or spine pain as well. If you aren’t sure where your pain is coming from, complete our pain assessment. If you already know the source of your pain, discover treatment options through our Treatment Finder.
Treatments at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we offer several treatments to eliminate your back, neck, or spine pain.
- Artificial disc replacement: This is a surgical procedure where degenerated discs in the spinal column are replaced with artificial disc implants.
- Coccygectomy: If you experience a sharp pain immediately after you sit down, you may have an injured tailbone. Since you don’t need the coccyx, doctors will remove the broken tailbone.
- Endoscopic discectomy: This procedure removes damaged discs that cause you pain in your back or neck.
- Microdiscectomy: A microdiscectomy removes pressure from the nerves and relieves back or leg pain that resulted from a damaged disc or a spinal bone spur.
- Percutaneous discectomy: This is the most minimally invasive procedure we offer; it treats disc bulges, protrusions, or smaller herniated discs.
No matter what your condition is, our board-certified doctors in Old Bridge are sure to help relieve your pain.
What Are the Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgeries?
We understand that many patients want to avoid surgery. Fortunately, most back pain will go away on its own with time. Our doctors may prescribe medication to ease pain or create a physical therapy plan. However, if these methods do not work, we will suggest minimally invasive surgery. There are many benefits to this type of surgery, such as:
- Shorter recovery time
- Less scarring
- Reduced pain
- Decreased risk of complications
Many patients choose minimally invasive surgery over traditional surgery because tissue and muscle are moved out of the way rather than cut. This makes the procedures much less stress-inducing for the body.
Choose the Spine Surgeons in Old Bridge, New Jersey
When you need medical care for your back, neck, or spine pain, choose the practice with a patient-centered approach. A member of our team will work with you one-on-one to discuss your pain and treatment options. Whether your condition is minor or more serious, it’s our mission to provide the best care possible to every person who walks through our doors.
Call (866) 272-9271 or complete an online contact form today to get in touch with an Old Bridge spine specialist!