If you are experiencing neck, back, or spine pain, it can disrupt your life past the point of just being uncomfortable. This type of pain can cause you to miss out on some of life’s best moments. The spine specialists at NJ Spine & Orthopedic will help you get off your feet and back to doing what you love.
Our Oyster Bay office offers innovative treatments like our minimally invasive surgeries. No matter what treatment you need, our team of experienced professionals will offer you the top-of-the-line care that you need. With our team of award-winning doctors on your side, recovery is as easy as scheduling your first appointment today.
If you are unsure of what could be causing your neck or back pain and what treatment is best for you, take our pain assessment. No matter what procedure is best for you, our board-certified medical professionals will choose the right treatment plan for your specific needs.
What are Common Causes of Back Pain in Americans?
Nearly 65 million American adults report experiencing back pain in their lives. While your pain may be unique to you, you are not alone in experiencing this type of adversity. Several things can cause back pain. From lifting a heavy box the wrong way or sleeping in a weird position, the following are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Abnormal spinal curvatures
- Pulled muscles
- Pulled tendons
- Spinal stenosis
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Bulging disks
- Degenerative disk disease
- Herniated or slipped disks
- Spine or vertebral fractures
If you are unsure of what could be causing your back pain after taking our pain assessment, you need to consult with one of our experienced spine doctors to figure out the best path to alleviate your pain.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine & Orthopedic
At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, there is a wide variety of both surgical and non-surgical treatment options to help treat your neck, back, or spine pain. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our patients the help they need. While many people automatically assume that any serious issue with the back or spine will mean an open surgery awaits them, that is not always the case at NJ Spine & Orthopedic. In fact, our doctors are always willing to explore all non-surgical treatment options before anything surgical if that is what is best for your needs. The following are some of the more common procedures offered at NJ Spine & Orthopedic.
- Microdiscectomy: With the goal of relieving any pressure on the spinal nerve column, this surgical technique will remove a portion of a herniated disk.
- Laser Spine Surgery: Often used to treat herniated or ruptured disks to reduce pain, this procedure involves using a focused beam of light to remove soft tissue through a small incision.
- Laminoforaminotomy: This minimally invasive surgical technique is used to relieve pressure on your nerve roots and spinal cord. This is an excellent procedure if you suffer from cervical radiculopathy, a type of neck pain that spreads into the upper back, shoulders, and down the arms.
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy: This procedure can relieve pressure from the spinal nerve roots caused by the compression of bone spurs, disk herniations, scar tissue, or excessive ligaments.
- Endoscopic Discectomy: A minimally invasive surgical technique removes herniated disc material, causing pain in the lower back, legs, neck, or arms. This procedure helps treat spinal disk herniation.
- Coccygectomy: Known to provide great pain relief for patients suffering from discomfort due to an injury, congenital disability, or tumor, this procedure involves removing part or all of the coccyx, commonly known as the tailbone.
- Artificial Disk Replacement: If you suffer from a worn or degenerated disk in the lower part of your spine, our surgeons will replace it with an artificial disk made of metal or plastic. This procedure provides our patients with an alternative treatment method to spinal fusion surgery.
For a complete list of all of the different procedures offered at NJ Spine & Orthopedic, click here or schedule an appointment to speak with our experienced medical team today.
Seek Help From Oyster Bay Spine Surgeons
You do not have to experience your pain alone. If you suffer from neck, back, or spine pain, consider getting in touch with our medical team at NJ Spine & Orthopedic to start your path to recovery today. While it may be tough to know if your back pain is severe, it is crucial that you get help from our experienced doctors if it persists past a couple of weeks. Offering our patients smaller incisions, shorter recovery times, and longer-lasting results are our promise. Let us be a part of your journey to a life without back pain. Contact us online or call (866) 272-9271 today.