When you require top medical care for discomfort in your back, spine, and neck, look no further than NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Paterson, New Jersey offer premium medical care for patients in need of pain relief and treatment. Our award-winning team operates using current research, high-end technology, and leading-edge equipment to encourage speedy recovery times and faster relief.
After meeting with you one-on-one, our medical staff will carefully assess your situation and determine a safe and healthy approach that will reduce your pain and encourage a faster recovery time. Of course, we’ll always begin by trying conservative methods of treatment. If it’s determined that surgery is the most appropriate way to reduce your pain and mend your injury, we’ll use minimally invasive techniques that will shorten your recovery time, decrease your blood loss, and reduce your pain.
The experts at NJ Spine and Orthopedic will lead you on the road to recovery, regardless of the severity of your condition or the circumstances that led to your injury. Our experienced and board-certified spinal specialists are here to help.
The Advantages of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Over the last few decades, advancements have been made in surgical procedures that make them safer and easier for patients. Minimally invasive operating techniques have had a tremendous impact on surgery since the 1990s. “Minimally invasive” is an umbrella term for any procedure that’s less intrusive than traditional open surgery. This technique is widely considered by medical professionals as the safer option.
During a minimally invasive surgery, your surgeon will use small tools, cameras, and lights that fit through several tiny cuts in your skin. This allows them to operate without bothering a lot of skin and muscle. Some minimally invasive surgeries are done with robotic technology that provides a magnified, 3D view of the surgical site to help the surgeon operate with precision, flexibility, and control.
In traditional open surgeries, a physician makes a large incision in the body so they can see the surgical area. Many patients opt for minimally invasive surgery because tissue and muscle are moved aside rather than cut, which makes the surgery less stressful for the body. Here are some advantages to operating using minimally invasive techniques:
- Smaller incisions: One of the prime advantages of minimally invasive surgery is that it’s performed through tiny incisions instead of a large opening. As a result, there will be fewer stitches and less scarring. Likewise, you’ll minimize your risk of blood loss, which can be a serious complication during traditional surgeries.
- Decreased risk of complications: Because the surgeon has a better view of the organ they’re operating on via the magnified cameras, these surgeries are more accurate and produce better outcomes. Additionally, the advanced instruments allow for more delicate and complex work to be done correctly.
- Shorter hospital stays: Minimally invasive surgeries usually necessitate less recovery time in the hospital, which can allow patients to go home after just one night. Not only will you be able to enjoy the comfort of your own home, but shorter hospital stays are often less expensive
- Less pain: Minimally invasive surgery requires less trauma to the body than open surgeries, which sometimes necessitates large sections of muscle and tissue to be cut. Because the cameras and smaller instruments used in minimally invasive procedures make cutting large portions of tissue unnecessary, minimally invasive techniques aren’t as painful.
- Shorter recovery period: Because there are fewer incisions, your body will recover faster after a minimally invasive surgery. This is perhaps the most attractive element of these types of procedures. This means that patients will more quickly be able to return to their normal daily activities from before they had back pain.
In general, minimally invasive surgeries mean fewer risks, shorter recovery times, less trauma to the muscles and nerves, reduced pain, and only a marginal effect on your immune system. At NJ Spine, we use minimally invasive methods of healing to treat a wide variety of spinal disorders. Using our surgical techniques, we’ll help you improve your quality of life and reduce the pain that has plagued you for so long.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Paterson, New Jersey
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our award-winning medical staff has experience treating patients with a wide variety of conditions. If you have pain in your back, spine, or neck, consider reaching out to our office near Paterson, New Jersey. We’re dedicated to delivering minimally invasive laser spine surgeries that eliminate pain and discomfort. Our experienced and board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians operate in the most efficient way possible to provide a safe environment and deliver the most effective surgical services.
Whether your injury or condition is minor or you require more complicated surgical care, our medical professionals are here to help you get your life back on track. Give us a call at (866) 272-9271 or complete our contact form today!