Back pain can be debilitating and can potentially derail someone’s life, which is why the medical team at NJ Spine & Orthopedics is dedicated to helping the residents of Teaneck, New Jersey, find the spinal help they need. NJSO offers the latest research, technology, and treatments for pain management and minimally invasive surgery. Our comprehensive treatment services range from non-surgical, conservative methods to minimally invasive surgeries, all personalized to our patient’s needs. Each patient’s pain and source of pain is unique and requires individualized and careful attention. Our medical team is committed to ensuring each patient gets the personalized attention they need to find the best treatment plan possible.
If you are suffering from back pain, we have the resources, expertise, and skills to help you find pain relief. Our medical team will work to find you the best treatment and get you back to your life as soon as possible.
How Common Is It to Experience Back Pain?
In the U.S., back pain is the most common reason people call out of work and visit their doctors. According to research, four out of five people have experienced some form of back pain in their life. A person may experience back pain for various reasons, including accidents and health factors. However, certain factors do increase the risk of someone developing back pain. Some of those factors are:
- Age: People tend to develop back pain as they get older, especially those over thirty.
- Weight: Overweight people might experience back pain because the excess weight puts added pressure on the back joints and discs.
- General Health: People who smoke, drink alcohol excessively, or live a sedentary lifestyle have a higher risk of back pain.
- Occupation and Lifestyle: Work and daily life activities that involve strain on the back increase individuals’ risks of back pain.
- Structural Problems: Back conditions such as scoliosis change the spine’s alignment, causing back pain.
- Disease: People diagnosed with osteoarthritis, certain types of cancer, and other diseases may experience back pain.
- Mental Health: Depression and anxiety may cause back pain.
Back pain can occur for a variety of reasons, ranging from lifestyles to diseases to specific instances of injury.
Direct Causes of Back Pain
Back pain may range from mild to severe and can appear suddenly or gradually. Chronic back pain can make it difficult to walk, sleep, work, or perform daily responsibilities. If you are experiencing difficulty living your everyday life because of your back pain, consult a specialist. Acute back pain may be due to a long day or sleeping at the wrong angle. Pain that is chronic and severe indicates a more severe condition. The sooner you seek medical attention, the sooner you can get to the source of your pain. You may be experiencing back pain due to:
- Strained muscles or ligaments
- Muscle spasm
- Muscle tension
- Damaged discs
- Injuries or fractures
- Improper lifting
- Abrupt and awkward movements
- Ruptured discs
- Bulging discs
The back is composed of many elements working together to keep your back healthy. When one or more components of the back are damaged somehow, it can manifest in pain.
Find Award-Winning Spinal Specialists at NJ Spine & Orthopedic
The risk of developing back pain can be limited by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, even the healthiest person may be victims of an accident or underlying condition they didn’t know existed. If you are suffering from back pain, you deserve the best care and treatment possible so you can continue your life without the hindering effects of back pain.
At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, we know the damage that living with back pain can do to someone’s life, which is why we are committed to helping our patients find much-needed pain relief. Our award-winning, board-certified spine specialists are leaders in their fields determined to help you regain your quality of life.