If you’re looking for top medical care to alleviate your back, neck, or spine pain, visit the experts at New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Toms River, New Jersey will provide you with the best treatment from our award-winning neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists. No matter what your condition may be, our dedicated staff will work with you to determine the best treatment plan.
We understand patients want to avoid surgery whenever necessary, which is why our doctors will always try conservative healing methods first. If it is determined that surgery is the most appropriate form of treatment, we will use minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce pain, shorten recovery time, and decrease trauma.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can result from injury, activity, or a medical condition. It can also affect people of any age and for different reasons. However, as people get older, the chances of developing back pain increase. It’s estimated that 80% of people will experience back pain at some point in their life. Here are just a few reasons why your back may cause you pain:
- Pulled muscles
- Poor posture
- Kidney problems
- Disc injury
- Sprains or strains
- Spinal stenosis
- Bulging discs
- Abnormal spinal curvature
If you aren’t sure where your pain is coming from, take our pain assessment quiz. If you do know the cause of your pain but are uncertain how to treat it, complete our Treatment Finder. We also provide a free expert review for MRI scans. Our website is easy to use and allows you to see more conditions and treatments we offer.
When Should I See a Doctor About My Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the most common types of pain in the world. Fortunately, most pain fades over time. If your pain does not improve or worsens, you may want to consider seeking professional care. Below are just a few signs in knowing when to consult a doctor:
- Fever: You may just be sore from the flu, but a consistent fever and back pain could be a sign of a serious infection.
- Injury: If your back pain is a result of an injury, like a car accident, you may have injured a disc in your spine. Serious accidents can lead to back pain, but a fall or an awkward twist could also cause the problem.
- Foot drop: Foot drop is a common condition, often accompanied by back pain, where your foot drags across the floor. This symptom is usually a sign of greater issues like nerve, muscle, or brain problems.
- Numbness or tingling: Numbness or tingling in your back is often a sign of nerve irritation or damage. If the prickly sensation does not go away, it could be because of a herniated disc or spinal stenosis.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Toms River, NJ
Our medical staff will work with you individually to determine what treatment options are right for you. From non-surgical methods to minimally invasive surgeries, our experienced and board-certified doctors are well-versed in pain management and will help you get your life back on track.
Here at NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we want you on the road to recovery in the quickest way possible, with the most advanced treatment options available. If you are suffering from back, neck, or spine pain, give us a call at (866) 272-9271 or fill out our contact form.