When you need best-in-class medical care for pain in your back, spine, or neck, look no further than NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Trenton, New Jersey will provide you with top-of-the-line treatment and a team of board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians. Our medical professionals utilize advanced technology, up-to-the-minute research, and top-of-the-line treatment for patients, no matter the severity or cause of their injury.
We offer a number of treatment options to help you deal with some of their most common conditions. If you’re unsure what kind of care you need, take our two-minute condition assessment quiz to discover what choices are right for you. If you know your condition, find treatment options through our free Treatment Finder. If you have an MRI scan, get a free expert review on our website today.
From minimally invasive laser spine surgery to non-surgical treatment methods, we’ll diagnose and remedy your condition using the best-in-class research and technology. With over 20 years of experience, the experts at NJ Spine & Orthopedic will be able to give you the care you deserve. Regardless of the cause, we’re here to help.
Common Spine Conditions
The spine serves as the very foundation for your musculoskeletal system. If you’re in pain, you need to know why. Here are some of the most common spinal conditions:
- Bulging disc: Our spine is made up of bones and rubbery discs stacked on top of one another to form the spinal canal. The discs in your spine—which function like shock absorbers between the vertebrae—are made of two components: a softer center and a tough elastic-like band. As we age, our discs can deteriorate and bulge outward.
- Lower back pain: Lower back pain is a universal human experience that almost everyone has at some point in their lives. Your lower back is known as the lumbar region of the spine and carries the weight of your entire upper body and biomechanical stresses that occur with movement.
- Spinal stenosis: Spinal stenosis occurs when one or more bony openings within the spine begin to narrow and reduce space for the nerves.
- Osteoarthritis: This is the most common form of arthritis, affecting millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of your bones wears down over time. Although osteoarthritis can damage any joint, the disorder most commonly affects joints in your hands, knees, hips, and spine.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is nerve pain from an injury or irritation to the sciatic nerve, which originates in your buttock or gluteal area. Pain is most often caused by irritation, inflammation, or pinching of this nerve.
- Scoliosis: Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine. The normal shape of a person’s spine includes a curve at the top of the shoulder and a curve at the lower back. If your spine is bent from side to side or in an “S” or “C” shape, you might have scoliosis.
Other common conditions include a herniated cervical disc, spinal cord injuries, kyphosis, spinal infections, spinal tumors, and whiplash. Surgical treatment options for the spine can vary widely, and it’s important to understand all of the options available. The medical professionals at NJ Spine and Orthopedic will help diagnose and treat your condition. We’ll always begin with conservative treatment options before we recommend surgery.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
Our treatment options vary depending on the type of injury you sustained and the treatment option you choose. From degenerative disc disease to failed back surgery, we’ll diagnose your pain and give you the appropriate care you need. Here are some of the conditions we treat:
- Artificial disk replacement
- Endoscopic discectomy
- Endoscopic foraminotomy
- Laser spine surgery
- Lumbar spinal fusion surgery
These are just a few of the treatment options we offer patients who are facing common spinal conditions. Our award-winning team of surgeons will discuss with you the best treatment options based on the specifics of your condition or injury.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Trenton, New Jersey
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our trusted team has experience treating patients with a variety of conditions. Our spinal surgeons and medical staff are dedicated to delivering minimally invasive laser spine surgeries that eliminate pain and discomfort. We’ll combine advanced technology with a patient-centered approach to ensure that our patients get the best possible outcome.
If you seek pain relief, decreased trauma, and faster recovery times, our team is well-versed in the art of pain management and will be with you every step of the way. When it comes to spine-related issues, NJ Spine & Orthopedic offers the treatment and care you deserve and expect. Regardless of the cause, our experienced team is ready to help. Give us a call at (866) 272-9271 or complete our contact form today!