When you need top medical care for discomfort in your back, spine, and neck, look no further than NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Newark, New Jersey will provide you with top-of-the-line treatment and a team of board-certified medical professionals. At NJ Spine & Orthopedic, we’re dedicated to providing you with the back care you need to help eliminate your pain and discomfort. From minimally invasive laser spine surgery to non-surgical treatment methods, our award-winning team of spine surgeons will diagnose and remedy your condition using the latest research and state-of-the-art technology.
We offer a number of treatment options to help you deal with some of the most common spine conditions. If you’re unsure what kind of care you need, take our 2-minute Treatment Finder quiz to discover what choices are right for you. With over 20 years of experience, the experts at NJ Spine & Orthopedic will be able to diagnose your condition and give you the care you deserve. Regardless of the cause, we’re here to help.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine
Our treatment options vary depending on the type of injury you sustained and the treatment option you choose. From degenerative disc disease to failed back surgery, we will diagnose your pain and give you the appropriate care you need. Here are some of the minimally invasive conditions we treat.
- Artificial Disk Replacement: A common procedure meant to relieve pain while maintaining natural mobility and function by removing the injured disk and replacing it with a prosthetic implant.
- Coccygectomy: A simple, minimally invasive surgery that alleviates pain in the tailbone by removing it partially or completely.
- Endoscopic Discectomy: This procedure removes damaged disks that are causing back or neck pain.
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy: This is a minimally invasive technique used to enlarge the nerve root openings, which eradicates both pain and numbness.
- Laminoforaminotomy: A novel surgical procedure that treats spinal stenosis.
- Laser Spine Surgery: A minimally invasive surgery that reduces pain—often to deal with herniated or bulging disks—by using light beams to incise small portions of the skin.
- Microdiscectomy: An ordinary procedure that removes compression and pressure from the nerves.
These are just some of the treatment options we offer patients who are facing common spine conditions. Our award-winning team of surgeons will discuss with you the best treatment options for your specific case.
Typical Causes of Back Pain Among Americans
Having back pain can be excruciating and leave you feeling frustrated and confused. It may be helpful to know that you’re not alone. Today, 31 million Americans suffer from lower back pain at any given time, and an estimated 80 percent will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Luckily, your condition is treatable. Consult an expert at NJ Spine & Orthopedic to gain a better understanding of how to handle your ailment.
From acute back pain, which can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, to chronic back pain, which is pain that lasts longer than three months, here are some of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor.
- Disk injury: A disk in your back can easily rupture when the cartilage surrounding the disk is pushed against the spinal cord or nerve roots. This can happen abruptly after lifting something heavy or awkwardly twisting your back.
- Strains: This is the most common cause of lower back pain and occurs when muscle fibers are abnormally stretched or torn.
- Sciatica: This injury is caused by an irritation or compression of a nerve in the spine. The discomfort—which patients describe as a burning or “pins and needles” sensation—will radiate down your leg and cause pain and numbness.
- Arthritis: One of the common conditions, arthritis is an inflammation of the joints.
- Abnormal spine curvatures: This kind of condition, which is typically diagnosed during childhood or adolescence, causes discomfort in your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and vertebrae.
- Spinal stenosis: A condition that occurs when a bony opening in the spine begins to narrow and reduce space for the nerves.
Determine which treatment options are best for you with our free Pain Assessment, or if you already know your condition, find treatment options through our Treatment Finder. No matter what condition you face, the doctors at NJ Spine & Orthopedic are here to help.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Newark, NJ
If you’re seeking top care and a compassionate team of well-trained spine doctors, look no further than NJ Spine & Orthopedic. Our spine surgeons are devoted to delivering up-to-the-minute technology and treatments. We offer non-surgical, conservative methods of care as well as gentle, minimally invasive surgeries performed through incisions that are smaller than a postage stamp.
If you’re in need of pain relief, decreased trauma, and faster recovery times, our team is well-versed in the art of pain management and will be with you every step of the way. Our experienced and board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians operate in the most efficient way possible to provide a safe environment and deliver the most effective surgical services. Give us a call at (866) 272-9271 or complete our contact form today!