Experiencing chronic pain in the back, spine, or neck can severely disrupt your life. For those interested in medical assistance and treatment options, consider visiting specialists at NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our office near Union Township, New Jersey, offers patients the finest medical care by award-winning neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians.
When you come into our office, our staff will have a one-on-one discussion about care options best suited for your needs. Determining your condition and its severity can help our doctors tailor a treatment plan. While our surgeons always assess conservative healing options, they might suggest surgical care for the best result. No matter your condition, at NJ Spine and Orthopedic, you’ll have high-quality care.
Should You Schedule a Visit With a Medical Professional?
If you’re encountering substantial pain in the neck, back, or spine area, you may be at risk of severe injuries. Moving around and putting stress on certain parts of the body can cause the tissue around your spine to inflame. Many individuals experience these hindering irritations, but how do we know when to see a medical professional? Consider the following list of signs that might indicate a doctor’s visit is necessary:
- Numbness or tingling: When you feel pins-and-needles across your arms or down your spine, this could hint at nerve damage, and if left untreated, the irritation could cause permanent disabilities.
- Persistent pain: If the pain doesn’t seem to fade or go away after stretching or over-the-counter medications and you’re unable to perform your normal daily activities, you should seek a medical professional.
- Pain shooting down your leg: Sensing sudden pain down one or both of your legs may indicate nerve damage in your spine. If a bone spur compresses the sciatica nerve, your body reacts to the pressure by numbing the leg. This type of reaction is dangerous and needs immediate medical attention.
- Bladder or bowel issues: When you’re experiencing back pain and irregular, sometimes uncontrollable, bowel movements, it may hint at cauda equina syndrome. This means that a herniated disk causes trauma to the spine and disrupts sensory functions.
- Injury: Past injuries can cause severe back, neck, and spine pain that can continue to harm an individual even after immediate pain goes away. An injury can pinch a nerve or cause damaging spinal issues and needs immediate attention.
If you cannot pinpoint what exactly might be causing your pain, fill out our free online pain assessment form. Already know what’s causing your discomfort? Take our treatment finder to explore more information about the types of care we provide for clients.
Types of Procedures at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
Our medical staff utilizes innovative technology and advanced equipment with a patient-centered approach. We tailor treatment plans specific to the needs of each individual and have many different types of procedures available. Our main goal is to reduce patients’ pain and improve their condition.
The following are some common, minimally invasive surgeries:
- Endoscopic Discectomy
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy
- Artificial Disk Replacement
Our treatments will offer you the best possible outcomes from non-surgical methods to minimally invasive surgeries performed through small incisions. Check out our Treatments page for more information on the different types of procedures we perform.
Common Causes of Back Pain in the United States
According to the Health Policy Institute of Georgetown University, around 16 million American adults report persistent back pain. You might think that this pain is normal, but persistent untreated irritation can turn small pinches into permanent disabilities. There are many causes of back pain in the United States; consider some of the causes below:
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprains and strains
- Spine or vertebral fractures
- Herniated or slipped disks
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Pulled muscles or tendons
When you encounter persistent pain or other signs of back, neck, and spine injuries, it’s crucial to see your medical professional. Don’t let your pain grow into an unavoidable injury.
Experienced Spine Surgeons in Union Township, New Jersey
Having to struggle with daily activities because of chronic back and spinal pain is frustrating. At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we empathize with your condition and are passionate about providing the best possible care. Through tailored treatment plans and innovative procedures, our skilled team of experienced medical experts will assist you every step of the way. We take a patient-centered approach to assess the needs of our clients fully.