Schedule an Appointment
When you need top medical care for pain in your back, spine, and neck, look no further than NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Jersey City, New Jersey provide patients with best-in-class medical treatment and award-winning neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians. No matter your condition, our medical staff will carefully assess your situation and determine a safe and healthy approach that will reduce your pain and encourage a faster recovery time.
We understand that many patients want to avoid surgery, which is why our specialists will first try conservative methods of treatment. If surgery is recommended, you can be sure that our top-notch physicians will employ minimally invasive techniques that will ease your pain and help you get back to the life you once enjoyed. The experts at NJ Spine and Orthopedic will lead you on the road to recovery, regardless of the severity of your condition or the circumstances that led to your injury. Our experienced and board-certified spinal specialists are here to help.
The Advantages of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery can provide patients with many benefits compared to other more conventional medical techniques. Understanding the difference between traditional open surgeries and minimally invasive operations is vital when deciding which option is right for you.
In traditional open surgeries, a physician makes a large incision in the body so they can see the surgical area and perform a certain procedure. Conversely, minimally invasive surgeries involve creating a small opening—usually no larger than a postage stamp—with the assistance of tiny cameras and lights to see inside the body. During the procedure, an imaging device called a fluoroscope is used to view the affected area on a screen.
Many patients opt for this type of procedure because tissue and muscle are moved out of the way rather than cut, which makes the surgery less stress-inducing for the body. Here are some advantages to operating using minimally invasive techniques.
- Shorter recovery period: Because there are fewer incisions, your body will recover faster after a minimally invasive surgery. This means that patients will more quickly be able to return to the normal daily activities that they came to expect before they had back pain.
- Reduced pain: With less disturbance and trauma than a traditional open surgery, minimally invasive procedures are generally less painful because they don’t require large portions of tissue and muscle to be incised. Likewise, minimally invasive surgeries necessitate smaller wounds, which allows cuts to heal faster.
- Decreased risk of complications: Minimally invasive procedures utilize a small camera that projects an image onto the screen for surgeons to watch while performing the operation. This provides them with a better view of the body part they’re operating on. The advanced instruments allow for more delicate and complex work to be done correctly. Typically, these surgeries are more accurate and involve fewer complications.
- Shorter hospital stays: Minimally invasive surgeries usually necessitate less recovery time in the hospital, which can allow patients to go home after just one night. Not only will you be able to enjoy the comfort of your own home, but shorter hospital stays are often less expensive.
- Less scarring: Because this type of surgery requires smaller cuts, you’ll have less noticeable scars on your body. These incisions—which are usually smaller than a postage stamp—only necessitate a few stitches after your procedure.
In general, minimally invasive surgeries mean fewer risks, shorter recovery times, less trauma to the muscles and nerves, reduced pain, and only a marginal effect on your immune system. At NJ Spine, we use minimally invasive methods of healing to treat a wide variety of spinal disorders. Using our surgical techniques, we’ll help you improve your quality of life and reduce the pain that has plagued you for so long.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Jersey City, New Jersey
Visit NJ Spine if you have discomfort in your back, spine, or neck and are in pursuit of reduced pain, decreased trauma, and faster recovery times. Our doctors will evaluate your condition and recommend a treatment option that’s best for you. From non-surgical methods to minimally invasive procedures, our experienced and board-certified medical team is well-versed in the art of pain management and will help you get your life back on track.
If you can’t pinpoint the cause of your pain, use our online pain assessment tool. If you know your condition, find treatment options through our free Treatment Finder. If you have an MRI scan, get a free expert review on our website today.
Whether you’re facing a serious condition or a minor injury, our medical professionals will provide you with top-of-the-line care using advanced technology, state-of-the-art equipment, and a patient-centered approach. Give us a call at (201) 455-7924 or complete our contact form today!